Facilities Design and Construction provides many services to the Caltech community including the construction of new buildings and the renovation of existing space. The role of Design and Construction is to provide the environment needed to facilitate the work of the world class faculty, researchers, students and staff who work and study at attend Caltech.
Several new buildings have been constructed in the last decade and Design and Construction was involved from the initial concept through the programming, design and construction phases and interfacing with the campus and City of Pasadena.
Some of our work involves the renovation of existing buildings and includes customized laboratory, research and office space as well as the renovation of classrooms, lecture halls, libraries and areas for athletics, all of which are designed to the specifications of the end users.
- Bechtel Residence project, learn all about it here.
- Hameetman Center, take a look at the renderings and new floor plans.
- Sloan/Kellogg renovation on floors 1-3.
- Big changes coming to the North side of the Campus. The Tianqiao and Chrissy Chen Institute for Neuroscience building is in planning now.
Design Guidelines & Project Templates
Design Guideline Version 4 - Feb. 1, 2018
Use this version if under contract AFTER 2/1/2018.
Design Guideline Updated v3.1 - Dec. 19, 2014
Use this version if under contract prior to 2/1/2018, otherwise refer to version 4.
Version 3.1 Templates & Addendums
- Design Guideline Updated v3.1 Addendum 1 - Section Z Deliverables - Jul. 03, 2015
- Design Guideline Updated v3.1 Addendum 1 - Maintainable Asset Template - Jan. 13, 2016
- Deliverables Index Worksheet Template. pdf
- PANEL SCHEDULER Updated v3.1 Addendum 1 - Jul. 03, 2015