Construction start date: (planned) Spring 2013
Construction completion date: (planned) Summer 2014
Architect: Rios Clementi Hale Studios
General Contractor: Matt Construction
Project/Construction Management: Caltech
Total Sq. Footage: 13,000
Status of permits: Conditional Use Permit approved at Public Hearing 11/7/2012
Anticipated LEED status: Gold
- Conditional Use Permit - (719kb)
- Traffic Impact Study - Acceptance Letter - (193kb)
- Traffic Impact Study - (485kb)
- Traffic Impact Study - Appendix - (5,841kb)
- Presentation from Feb. 25, 2013 meeting showing site plan and elevations of project - (790kb)
- What is the Caltech Childcare Center project?
- Has the City of Pasadena approved the project?
- Why is the Childcare Center moving from its current location?
- Why does Caltech need a Childcare Center at all?
- Will the Childcare Center be visible from Arden Road?
- Is there access from Arden Road to the Child Care Center?
- Won’t this increase traffic on California Blvd. and surrounding streets?
- Will there be a crush of traffic at the opening and closing hours?
- How many children will attend the new Childcare Center?
- What are the hours?
- How tall will the new Childcare Center buildings be?
- Will there be new overhead lighting on the site?
- Where will parents park?
- Is there enough room for emergency responders to get to the new Childcare Center?