The Sloan Lab was originally built in 1922 as the High Volts Building and Kellogg in 1931. This building renovation took the 1st-3rd floors of Sloan and the 3rd floor of Kellogg (which was not previously useable space due to being a high-bay 2nd floor) back to structural concrete, removing all systems and all interior walls to make a wholly innovative, refinished building that focuses on clean, collaborative spaces. The Sloan side of the building is being renamed to The Ronald and Maxine Linde Hall of Mathematics and Physics after the generous donor that made the project possible.
- The renovation is a 27,700 sq. ft. project.
- Budget of $12.5 Million.
- Brought in all new windows, HVAC and utility upgrades.
- Created a useable 3rd floor onto Kellogg Lab with a seamless transition to the newly renovated 3rd floor of Linde Hall.
- Removal of Sloan Annex building
Design: Fall 2016
Construction Begins: Summer 2017
Construction Completed: 09/2018
General Contractor: Hathaway Dinwiddie