Facilities Design and Construction provides many services to the Caltech community including the construction of new buildings and the renovation of existing space. The role of Design and Construction is to provide the environment needed to facilitate the work of the world class faculty, researchers, students and staff who work and study at attend Caltech.
Several new buildings have been constructed in the last decade and Design and Construction was involved from the initial concept through the programming, design and construction phases and interfacing with the campus and City of Pasadena.
Some of our work involves the renovation of existing buildings and includes customized laboratory, research and office space as well as the renovation of classrooms, lecture halls, libraries and areas for athletics, all of which are designed to the specifications of the end users.
Design Guidelines & Project Templates
- Design Guideline Updated v3.1 - Dec. 19, 2014
- If you are looking for Individual Sections of the Design Guidelines, Click Here
- Design Guideline Updated v3.1 Addendum 1 - Section Z Deliverables - Jul. 03, 2015
- Design Guideline Updated v3.1 Addendum 1 - Maintainable Asset Template - Jan. 13, 2016
- Deliverables Index Worksheet Template. pdf
- PANEL SCHEDULER Updated v3.1 Addendum 1 - Jul. 03, 2015
- Version 4 is underway now, and will be updated here when available.